Oregon Friendly Driver
The Oregon Friendly Driver program is a 60-minute interactive class to educate all drivers on the best and safest ways to use the road with people walking or riding bikes. These classes are taught by Commute Options’ Whitney Bennett and are organized in part with The Street Trust and the Lane Council of Governments. This class is based on the Bicycle Friendly Driver program developed by FC Bikes in collaboration with Bike Fort Collins. The Oregon Friendly Driver class addresses:
- The safest ways to utilize your roadway network
- What’s legal and what’s not legal for people driving, people riding bicycles and people walking
- Common crashes and how to avoid them
- Why people riding bikes leave the bike lane and how people driving can respond
- How to use road way features such as: sharrows, bike lanes, and rapid flashing beacons.
Upon successful completion of the class, participants will receive an Oregon Friendly Driver certificate and window cling. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 541 408 6111 to schedule an Oregon Friendly Driver presentation at your workplace. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Commute Options is offering a GoTo Webinar for your group.
Learn more at the Oregon Friendly Driver website.