Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School can benefit communities by:
- Educating the community about the benefits of walking and rolling to and from school.
- Improving transportation for all students, parents, and teachers.
- Reducing the number of driving trips to and from schools to improve air quality and congestion.
- Identifying supporters in schools to build the program and coordinate activities.
- Educating youth on how to safely use the system when they are walking and rolling.
- Improve community members’ overall quality of life.
Check out what we’re doing at your school!
Bend LaPine School District Suggested Walking Routes
Jefferson County School District Suggested Walking Routes
Redmond School District Suggested Walking Routes
Sisters School District Suggested Walking Routes
Find suggested walking and rolling route maps under the schools listed to the left.
Oregon Safe Routes to School Train the Coordinator trainings
For educators and coordinators within a school, district or community who want to create fun, convenient and safe opportunities for children to walk and bike to and from school. Learn more information about trainings offered.
Learn more about Oregon Safe Routes to School