Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School (SRTS) creates fun, convenient, and safe opportunities for children to walk and bike to and from school.
SRTS resources & activities help communities:
- Build sidewalks, bicycle paths & pedestrian-friendly infrastructure
- Reduce speeds in school zones & neighborhoods
- Address distracted driving among drivers of all ages
- Educate generations on pedestrian & bicycle safety
A healthier way to start the day...
Participating in a SRTS program can improve the health of our children & community. That's an encouraging outcome for a lifetime.
Walking, rolling & bicycling to school helps students:
- Reach the recommended goal of 60 minutes of physical activity every day
- Arrive at school energized & ready to learn
- Leave the car behind & reduce dependence on fossil fuels
- Take an active role in their well-being
Building relationships and local infrastructure...
The common goal of a safe trip to school brings families, neighbors, school officials & community leaders together. Every child - and community - deserves a safe route to school.
Working toward a safe route to school can help communities:
- Build a sense of neighborhood
- Encourage increased parental involvement at school & beyond
- Promote driving safely in school zones & the larger community
Commute Options is currently delivering SRTS in 9 Elementary and Middle Schools.
For more information contact: email@example.com