Job Title: Communication & Program Coordinator
Rate of Pay: 40 hours/week, pay starting at $22/hour.
- Flexible work hours within Monday through Friday timeframe.
- Ability to work remotely up to 50% (with COVID-19, options to work more than 50% remotely as needed)
- Extensive benefits package and PTO beginning 60 days after hiring.
- Paid personal and professional development opportunities.
- Vanguard 403b retirement package.
Commute Options Mission Statement
Commute Options increases access to transportation options across Oregon.
Commute Options Vision Statement
We envision communities using safe, convenient, and reliable transportation options that result in healthier individuals, a cleaner environment, and a stronger economy.
The Communication & Program Coordinator is responsible for broadening the impact of Commute Options’ initiatives with communication to the community and forming new and supporting existing vanpools through our Vanpool Program. Vanpools are an element of the transit system that allow groups of people to share the ride similar to a carpool, but on a larger scale with concurrent savings in fuel and vehicle operating costs. The Coordinator will promote and market the vanpool program through outreach to employers and employees in the Commute Options service area to increase vanpool participation. The Coordinator will also manage platforms, including websites, social media accounts, email and other dissemination tools. This person will publish and promote marketing, editorial, press release, and fundraising content/campaigns. Essential job duties and functions can be performed with or without an accommodation. Allocation of time: 25 hours per week on Vanpool and 15 hours per week communication 60% vanpool 40% communication.
Communication & Program Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Assesses the transportation needs of area Central Oregon businesses, and determines their readiness for vanpool options by reaching out via email, phone call, and visits to worksites.
- Manages and supports existing vanpools, and grows employee participation with those accounts.
- Makes vanpool presentations to employers, commuters, and other decision makers and vested organizations.
- Helps vanpool participants participate in the Get There program, and log their van trips.
- Makes the vanpool trips safe and convenient for all, by securing parking for participants to board the van and park their individual vehicles.
- Submits reports after collecting vanpool data to use to improve the program.
- Works with partners such as Commute with Enterprise and employers to implement new vanpools, and increase employee participation.
- Hosts and conducts marketing events and promotions at area businesses to increase awareness and participation in alternative modes of transportation.
- Manages the tone, voice, and content of the Commute Options brand across all communication channels, including our social media, newsletter, blog, articles, press releases, radio, and website.
- Collaborates with Commute Options staff to design and implement project and event-specific communications plans.
- Cultivates media relationships and proactively identifies opportunities to raise public awareness of active transportation in Central and Eastern Oregon. Oversee organizational response to media inquiries.
- Manages Commute Options communications; Answers phone calls, voicemails, emails to firstname.lastname@example.org promptly with accurate information and strong customer service.
- Works with the executive director on new projects as needed and directed, and performs other work assigned by the executive director for the further development of the agency.
- Embraces the mission of Commute Options.
- Four-year college degree or experience commensurate with education.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in outside sales, preferably selling a product or service
- Relevant experience with marketing, communications, social media and engagement strategies.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive, social media, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress.
- Written and verbal communications skills, and project management experience.
- Brand development/management experience.
- Experience maintaining positive relationships with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Listens well and seeks understanding and resolution during conflicts and difficult situations.
- Accepts pressure and maintains composure and perspective in tense situations and under deadlines with funders, donors, community partners and members, Board, and staff.
- Knowledge or interest in the transportation options industry and laws.
- Detail oriented and quality focused. Verifies work, recognizes and addresses errors, and is open to constructive feedback and seeks to improve work consistently.
- Interpersonal Communication – Builds rapport with a positive and collaborative attitude with all levels of people within the organization and outside.
- Comfortable and adept at making presentations to small and large audiences.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Experience in customer service and responding to customer inquiries.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States of America.
*Bilingual is defined as being able to speak fluent Spanish (native speaker or have native fluency) with clear, effective communication skills (both written and verbal), with a strong grasp of transportation terms. Bilingual candidates will receive a pay differential.
Please review the full job description (English, Spanish), and send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. BIPOC, LGBTQIA, women and Latino community members are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Commute Options
Commute Options is organized as a private non-profit community development corporation and has charitable tax-exempt status under Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Board of Directors provides leadership and direction for the organization, and our executive director (ED) manages the daily functions of the organization. Commute Options is dedicated to innovative transportation options that connect people of all ages to the places they go – employees to their workplaces, students to their schools, and neighbors within their communities. We champion active transportation and infrastructure improvements, fostering essential partnerships, and educating the community on transportation options.
There’s a lot going on at Commute Options which brings together a dynamic group of people with many different talents, all working together to pull everything off successfully. Join the Commute Options team to interact with a great group of co-workers, board members, program users, donors, partners, and vendors. Through building positive relationships based on mutual respect, support and trust in each other, we can all succeed in our work we do together each day. Be a part of our mission to be a community leader and educational resource.